Friday, October 31, 2014

Special Gifts of Vintage Jewelry

Art Deco Flower & Trifari Necklace
$125 plus shipping
Purchase On Etsy


What do you consider a special gift? 


Would you think a necklace put together by a visual artist, from vintage brooches, or earrings, along with repurposed chains and old beads might fit that description of special gift? That is exactly what I do when I take a break from a painting I am working on.

I enjoy working with the pieces of vintage jewelry... and the different thoughts regarding size and weight brought to the three-dimensional aspect of these pieces of jewelry. To me they are another piece of art!

The necklaces I put together are one of a kind and cannot be duplicated. I can make something similar if I have sold one you are interested in! They have all the "character" associated with older costume jewelry.  They have slight wear, but nothing easily seen. I use a "toggle" closure and also include a dragonfly charm at the back as my signature. Below are close-up shots of the necklace shown above.


   











Here are a couple of other images of necklaces you can find on my Etsy shop page. Enjoy!

Black Jet & Enameled Dress Clip
Purchase on Etsy
With Other Jet Bead Chains

Green Shamrock Brooch
Purchase on Etsy
Five Leaves & Amber
Purchase on Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment